Applying for The the Examinations>Prospective Candidates must complete and submit application with acceptable professional work experience. Once approved, candidates will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to register to take the exam and pay a non-refundable fee of $125.00USD on-line during registration. Note that the official language of the application form and all supporting documentation is English.
The qualifications for applying for the Federal Specialist are as follows:
- Be recognized by the ICRM as a Certified Records Manager (CRM) in good standing.
- Have a total of 4 years of professional practice involving Records and Information Management (RIM) programs of the U.S. Government, whether as Federal government employee, uniformed military, vendor, consultant, or contractor. The experience need not be continuous nor performed as a CRM.
Qualifying experience categories include the following:
- Management of Records/Information Management Program
- Records Creation/Control
- Electronic Records Systems
- Physical Records Management
- Records Appraisal/Scheduling/ Retention/Disposition
- RIM Policies
- CAPSTONE Implementation