The Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) believes it is vital that a Certified Records Analysts (CRA) and Certified Records Managers (CRM) remains current in the dynamic field of records and information management. This is handled through Certification Maintenance Points (CMP). This ensures that members:
- Maintain professional competence
- Update existing knowledge and skills
- Attain new or additional knowledge and skills
- Active CRAs and CRMs must earn and submit 100 points for approved educational activity during each five-year period following initial certification
- The five-year certification maintenance cycle begins on January 1 or July 1, whichever immediately follows the (passed) examination date
- Points may be submitted beginning with the date of the final passed Part VI exam attaining the CRA (Part 2, 3, or 4) or Part 6 for the CRM
*** Effective July 2, 2019 the ICRM will discontinue the practice of allowing automatic roll-over of up to 50 eligible CMPs in excess of 100 CMPs required into the next 5-year cycle.