The ICRM offers a variety of resources for CRA and CRM candidates to prepare for the six examinations.
Recommended Reading The following publications have been recommended by the Exam Development Committee as excellent preparation resources. They are all available at the ARMA Bookstore:
- Records and Information Management by Patricia Franks, Ph.D., IGP, CRM, CA, FAI
- Records Management for Dummies by Blake Richardson
- Records and Information Management: Fundamentals of Professional Practice, 3rd Ed. by William Saffady, Ph.D., FAI
In addition, specific to Part 1: Essentials of Contemporary Management, 7th Edition by Gareth R. Jones and Jennifer M. George, ISBN: 978-1-2595-4547-4
In addition, specific to Part 5: Fundamentals of Information Systems, 7th Edition by Ralph M. Stair; George Reynolds, ISBN-10: 1-133-62962-8, ISBN-13: 978-1-133-62962-7
Accepted Acronyms can be found here.
Sample Questions The sample questions are offered below are meant as samples only. They are not in the test bank and will not appear on any exam. The answers also list the line in the Outline that each question would be tied to where it is on the exam.
- Part 1 Management Principles and the Records and Information (RIM) Program
- Part 2 Records and Information: Creation and Use
- Part 3 Records Systems, Storage and Retrieval
- Part 4 Records Appraisal, Retention, Protection and Disposition
- Part 5 Technology
- Part 6 Sample Business Case
ICRM Prep Workshop
ICRM endorsed CRM Examination Preparation Programs sponsored by ARMA chapters and industry-specific associations.
ARMA International; Essentials of RIM Certificate and CRM Examination Outline. Click here for more details on how obtaining the Essentials of RIM Certificate which can help you prepare for the CRM exams.
Exam Prep and Mentorship Opportunities
The ICRM also offers a program that is facilitated by its Mentorship Coordinator who will help pair CRM mentors with Part 6 candidates upon request. If a mentor is already working with a candidate through a chapter study group, the mentor may request additional materials from the ICRM to facilitate the process. For more information on establishing a mentor relationship with CRMs in your local area, please contact the ICRM Mentorship Coordinator: Howard Loos, CRM, CDIA at email@example.com
The Information Management Journal [a.k.a. IMJ] ARMA International
AIIM – The Global Community of Information Professionals
American Archivist, The Society of American Archivists (SAA)
Disaster Recovery Journal